Philippines is NOT a member of the Hague Apostille Convention. Documents destined for use in Philippines requires Embassy Certification(legalization) from Philippines embassy in Washington DC to be valid for use there.
US Documents destined for use in Philippines requires the following Attestation:
- State Certification (Not Apostille) from the Secretary of State Office in the same State that issued the document. (It is not required for Federal Documents).
- US Department of State authentication in Washington DC.
- Philippines Embassy Legalization from Philippines Embassy in Washington DC.
Note: If you have a state-issued document, it must be properly notarized and certified from the Secretary of State office where the notary is licensed before you send us your document.
Document Legalization for Philippines
California Apostille provides authentication service from the US Department of State and document legalization from embassy of Algeria in Washington DC.
Please send your document to our partner office in Washington, DC: 1330 New Hampshire Ave, NW Suite B1, Washington, DC. 20036 US Apostille office.
California Secretary of State Documents Apostille
Documents issued in the State of California and bear the signature and/ or the stamp of an elected or appointed official such as documents issued by California Corporation Division, Health Department, Division of Motor Vehicle.
The document must be an original certificate or a certified copy. It CANNOT be notarized.
California Apostille will certify the document from the California Secretary of State office, authenticate it from the US Department of State, and legalize it from the Embassy of Philippines in Washington DC.
If you have a document issued in any other State, make sure to certify it first from your local Secretary of State office and we will continue the process.
California most common types of Documents
Documents issued by private agencies in the State of California such as corporations, schools, and universities. The document must be properly notarized by a California notary public before you request our services.
California Apostille will certify the document from the California Secretary of State Office in los Angeles, authenticate it from the US Department of State, and legalize it from the embassy of Philippines in Washington DC.
If you have a document issued in any other State, please make sure to notarize your document and certify it from your local Secretary of State office and we will continue the process.
Federal Document Legalization for Philippines
Documents must be issued by one of the federal agencies in the united States such as the FDA, the FBI, the USPTO, the IRS, the EPA, the Social Security Administration, Department of Homeland Security…etc.
The document must be original and bear the embossed seal of the federal agency.
Please Note: Federal issued documents CANNOT be certified from California SOS, the apostille stamp on the federal document must be obtained from the US Department of State in Washington DC, Therefore, for expedited federal Apostille service, please send your document to our partner office in Washington DC:
1330 New Hampshire Ave, NW Suite B1, Washington, DC. 20036 US Apostille office.
- The required certification for a document may varies from another. For example, A power of Attorney requires state notarization while a Birth certificate does not require any additional notarization. we recommend using the document review system to avoid any delays in your request.
- US corporations may call us directly to expedite their request “(323) 977-4900“
- Our prices do not include the shipping fees.
- Customers have to include their own return envelope with their requests.
- Requests with no return envelope will be returned via US postal Service.
- If you need international shipping, provide an international prepaid airway bill.